Quick and delicious runner-inspired recipes!
The no bake cookies your mom used to make take on a new flavor profile with homemade mixed nut butter and cacao nibs. It's an easy way pack the nutrients of your favorite mixed nuts into your dessert. Bonus: cacao nibs are a superfood! These cookies are basically healthy...
Eat them as dessert or as an energizing snack during training.
HOMEMADE MIXED NUT BUTTER
- 3/4 lb (12oz) mixed nuts. (Any mix will work, pick your favorite!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey and/or sugar (optional)
- Pour the nuts straight into a food processor and process on high for 1-2 minutes
- Keep doing this, scraping down the sides and breaking up large clumps, until the mixture reaches the consistency of peanut butter. This will take about 10-20 minutes depending on the kind of nuts in the mix.
- Add in the salt, to taste, and blend again. At this point you can add any other flavorings like honey or sugar.
- Store in an airtight jar and keep refrigerated.
NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES WITH MIXED NUT BUTTER
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mixed nut butter
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered cacao nibs (can find at Trader Joe's)
- Melt the butter on medium heat with the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder bring to a boil
- Boil for about a minute, on medium heat
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and the mixed nut butter until smooth
- Add in the oats and the cacao nibs and stir to combine
- Place in rounded tablespoons onto a lined sheet pan. I also found that a non-stick mini muffin tray works perfectly!
- Place the cookies in the freezer to set and serve cold.